Monday, July 13, 2009

Quote from Bill Cosby

"I don't know the key to success....but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~~Bill Cosby


I like to think of this quote each time I begin to get overwhelmed in what I'm doing now. I started a candle business (http://www.flames4dreams.info/) but I wanted to add something personal to my business that I created, so I started my Etsy store as well.

I've sold many candles - they are awesome candles - and I'm working people who are interested in starting their own home businesses to show them the opportunity that my parent company can provide.

I also love creating...in comes my handmade items and a million other ideas that I have for more handmade items. This results in the overwhelmed feelings. When I read this quote again today, it helped me to take a step back and concentrate on the first creation I had and why I wanted to share it with others. I realized that this early in the game, I need to stick with what I'm doing now for now....stick with what makes me happy and not what I think other people will want. I'm keeping my other ideas in a journal for the future when it's the right time to branch out.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you about your crafting specialty, your craft business, or any craft shows you've been to! Please feel free to leave your comment below!