Sunday, July 5, 2009

On with the rest of summer

Hopefully everyone had a wonderful time celebrating our country's Indepenence Day! We had some new and some old friends over for a Texas "BBQ" (fajitas!!) at our house. After napping in the afternoon with very full tummies, we sat outside in the warm breeze and lit just a few fireworks. We just had the little fountains and sparklers - nothing that went high in the air. Then we sat and watched all the other fireworks in the neighborhood blasting high in the air! And PRAYING that our yard or house didn't catch on fire!! Since we desperatly need rain, all of the yards are very dry. But, all was well - no fires!

Now that I've opened my store on Etsy, I have to get some business cards. It is suggested by the members in the candle business (www.Flames4Dreams.info) that you visit Vista Print (www.vistaprint.com). Currently they are having a speacial for FREE business cards and other special designs for just a few dollars. I went to the website this morning and ordered! I had to choose a design that would represent both my craft business as well as my candles. And I was able to place the information for both on the same card. I think it will do the trick. I wanted to be sure to have them before I went to a WAHM (Work at home moms) luncheon in two weeks. A friend of mine asked me to join her and I was very happy she asked. One really needs to network to help promote a home based business. Meeting new people....this will be a new experience for me!

For the coming week I'll be working on other crafts: I've started on some fabulous black wedge flip flops with various colored stone beads; I've yet to complete the Christmas wreath I started from below...well I just have to add embellishmentsl; and I'll begin a couple of rag wreaths - one with Christmas fabric and one with Roses fabric. I'll post pictures as soon as possible. I'll also be continuing with my job search...still with the hope that one day all we'll need is our crafting business!

See ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you about your crafting specialty, your craft business, or any craft shows you've been to! Please feel free to leave your comment below!